High Street Consulting Senior Vice President, Matthew Stuhr, has 18+ years as leader and team builder across security, homeland security and emergency management domains with extensive knowledge of, and experience in strategic and tactical application of police, security, and military resources domestically and abroad. Matt has continued to serve as a military police officer in the National Guard since the attacks on 9/11.
Matt’s portfolio includes:
- Leading the Law Enforcement, Intelligence, and Department of Defense planning community in support of the DHS Cyber Storm Exercise series
- Coordinating Maryland National Guard operations during the Riots in Baltimore, Maryland
- Leading and managing a team of FEMA, interagency, and contract stakeholders in the development and implementation of FEMA’s 14-week Incident Management Assistance Team Academy
- Commanding a military police Company responsible for planning and executing counterinsurgency initiatives in coordination with Afghan Uniformed Police within Kandahar City
- Providing law enforcement expertise, threat assessment support to the 54-states and territories and Chief of the National Guard Bureau
- Planning and leading successful law enforcement mentorship, training, mission planning for nearly 600-Iraqi Police. Led counter-indirect fire patrols to deter and prevent indirect fire attacks on Coalition forces and critical infrastructure